Create your free account now! Sign up

X greasemonkey think it`s worth being a cable\sat

In the Ok I`m done discussion I`ve read alot of gripes about doing cable. I`ll tell you what , I`ve only been doing this 2 years off and on and It beats hands down being a Auto mechanic.

You talk about Investment in tools??? Try 10k + or more. not to mention the constant updated out of pocket training you need. Cable industry changes but not near that fast. Even with Insurance,cellphone,fuel you`r still ahead. I don`t count the vehicule for IF you were ANY sub\contractor you would still be getting one anyway. I`ll talk wewiring a house over replacing an engine anyday.

job satifaction is MUCH better here. At least you don`t hear "Your Ripping Me OFF" People WANT our service unlike getting there car repaired.

Changing Tech. I started back in 1999 and back then HSD were static unlike today which are MUCH easier same with bidirectional systems where you don`t have to do phone lines for PPV. Last thing..... I make even today more moola then I did wrenching and it`s nice knowing that people APPRECIATE the work I do. Can`t say the same for my former work I did.

Eventually I plan on getting my Cisco cert so I can work at the headend.

This is CABL.com posting #160311. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPRP
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: X greasemonkey think it`s worth being a cable\ crawl2much 1/29/2006 9:28:00 AM