Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need to come up with 10 Questions

(correction on previous: 20-value should ballpark you at about 47 on the return)

Now I know some of you smarties out there are probibly thinking, "Well, what if he's starting with a 26-value tap? He'd end up WAAYYY over 50 on the return". Good question. 26-value tap + 20 + 1 (Lat to D/M) + 1 (Homerun from D/M to Outlet) + 7 (splitter) = 55 Your right!! It's not under 50, which is required for modem return in Las Vegas.

"I know!! At the D-Mark....Let's hook the U/G lateral to a 2-way... Put my modem line on one port, then hook a 3-way to the other one to feed the other three prewires." Great thought, but that would only drop you 3.5db on your return putting you at about 51-52db on the return.... Still OVER 50 though.

Solution??: Well....Hook the damn thing up and see what your modem actually aquires at. If you are still over your return-path allowance with only a 2-way at D/M..... Call your supervisor. He'll probibly call that address in for "Amp Maintainace". All you can do at this point is configure your D-Mark for "Optimum" conditions and turn it over for the MSO's Amp/LE crews to correct tilt/return.

Again..... The previous two posts pertain ONLY to the Las Vegas/Cox system. Hope this helps explain it some. (wink)
This is CABL.com posting #160128. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPOS
Posted in reply to: Re: Need to come up with 10 Questions by RadioMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Need to come up with 10 Questions cbldawg 1/26/2006 7:07:00 PM