Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who should I be sub'n for?

I have been the catv business for 17 years,and I still am.I still get up in the morning and go to work and do installs.Back in the day you could make good money and the prime took care of you.The prime took care of you because you make the prime money.Now your money goes to two or more companies before you get it.Have you ever heard the term(sub,sub,sub,)should be against the law.Lets see Truck payment,gas bill,workman comp liability veichle insurances. the prime might supply the workman comp and liability,but it comes out of your check.cell phone bill,retainage,tools,ladder, ect,ect.ect. by the time your get the net out of the gross total you would be better off finding any other kind of job that paid from 10 12 dollars a hour.Installers say,Man I made 1000 dollars last week, wrong. add it up it don't make sense.Why am I going to do 10 installs tomorrow.well fu** It. Once you crawl around for so long in something you start to smell like it.Run for the hills and find another kind of work.Why do primes treat there bread and butter like dirt? well there is plenty of dirt around. and if you dont like crawling in it someone eles will.Work,Work,work, you will never get rich installing cable and you will have nothing to look forward to.just remember while you are crawling around in the dirt the prime is planing the next vacation on your dime. and if you dont like it Unload your truck.
This is CABL.com posting #160051. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPND
Posted in reply to: Who should I be sub'n for? by TDD1
There are 0 replies to this message