Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: maximizing tips

I get pretty good tips in the field, made about $150 in tips alone last wednesday.

Clean professional appearance and very professional attitude go a long way with costumers.

A nice smile when small talking to them, then a serious, but light hearted look when explaining what you are going to do.

Don't eyeball peoples wives, be nice to peoples pets if possible.

There are some techs that hate life, and it shows in there attitude, and makes most costumers not appreciate the service.

Some retards {usually the ones that complain about hacks non stop} are the ones with the cynical smile and sarcastic attitude, they think that costumers don't pick up on there seemingly invisible sarcasm, and don't hear the snide comments made in the next room over...
But, it is just them blinded by there own arrogance.
Then they wonder why all of there costumers don't tip well, if at all...?

Every costumer is different, but I never met one that liked a asshole.

Feel out the comfort zones, if a costumer offers you a drink, you got to know if it was a empty offer, or a offer that would offend them if you didn't take it.

In spite of being militant on your appearance, keeping your truck clean, your shirts pressed, but you have to know how to be relaxed enough to make the costumer comfortable.

Small quick favors can go a long way as well, and even though OSHA says to keep your boots on at all times, I take them off most of the time out of respect, especially in winter.

That is some of the things I do, I hope it helps.(smile)

This is CABL.com posting #159066. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPxK
Posted in reply to: maximizing tips by 1putthood
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: maximizing tips k/bled 1/16/2006 11:58:00 PM
Re: maximizing tips OPIES HERE 1/7/2006 8:25:00 AM