Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: God, help them all in Wva. Coal Mines

I live in the town where the Sago Mine is located and we have been virtually glued to the TV night and day to get as much information, as often as we could because you couldnt get within a mile of the mine.

It is a sad day here, not one that you ever think about putting your small town of 8,000 on the "National" radar. It has been a long few days and the next few will be longer yet.

I dont post much on here anymore, although I do browse, I just wanted to thank all for the prayers and the kind words, they will be greatly respected and appreciated. Thanks to all of the rescue crews, the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, the Emergency Response, Law Enforcement and any one of the countless other people that we here to aid and assist.

Also to let everyone know that from what we could see and from what we heard from friends and family at and surrounding the church and local area...one group of the media stood out heads above the rest in professionalism and respect, outside of the local media. That was the crew from CNN. For the most part, the rest of the media acted and behaved just as you would expect them to. Thank you to all the CNN crews and to the rest....now leave them alone and let them grieve in peace.

Thanks, everyone have a great New Year.
SEMPER FI....Rodney
This is CABL.com posting #159010. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPwQ
Posted in reply to: God, help them all in Wva. Coal Mines by WhiskeyRiver
There are 2 replies to this message
Check This Out BMcNutt 1/7/2006 7:09:00 PM
Re: God, help them all in Wva. Coal Mines Wife of a cable guy 1/6/2006 2:06:00 PM