Create your free account now! Sign up

Miracles do happen!!!!!!

When I was about 15 years old this really cute girl moved in right across the street from me. I really was interested in her, but was too shy to "make my move."
I would keep myself busy doing things in my front yard, hoping that I would see her coming or going and have the nerve to talk to her. I would watch her come and go many times but say nothing.
I knew that if I did not "make my move" soon that someone else would and I would lose out. So one day as I saw her leaving her home I started across the street to talk to her. It just so happened that she was coming across the street to talk to me also!!
I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk and we went to this really nice park and sat by the river and talked. It didn't talk long and we became real close and soon fell in love.
We were completely inseparable, except for when we were in different classes in school we were together from the time we woke up until we went to bed. We even got jobs at the same place and worked the same schedule.
As we became VERY close, she told me... "Before we get any closer, there is something that you need to know. I am a virgin, and intend to be a virgin until my wedding night."
I told her that I loved her very much and that I would love to have a virgin as my wife. I had no doubt that she was my true soul-mate and we had a pure relationship, and even though I was a teen-age boy going thought puberty, we stayed pure and I have never cheated on her.
However, as fate would have it, we had a very stupid misunderstanding. We were both wrong, yet we were both so hurt that we broke up. Neither of us wanted to break up, but we both thought that was what the other wanted. It was so silly, that teen-age thing "I know you want to break up with me, and I love you so much that I will save you the pain and break up with you instead."
Here I am, about 18 years old, and stayed celibate all through my puberty years, for what????? A dream of having this beautiful virgin for my wife... I should have known that it would never last, I was just a kid.
Anyway, I had a lot of "catching up" to do, and I just turned into a dog. I had about 6 girlfriends, and my own apartment, and my apartment was the local party joint. In high school I was kind of a "dweeb" but now I an the "King of party town."
Then all of a sudden one of the girls I was seeing tells me she was pregnant.... Of all the girls that I was seeing, I didn't even like this one, she just had one hot body!!!!
When she got "big as a house" I realized that I really loved that baby and wanted to be there for him all his life, even though I never loved the mother at all. We lived together and had 2 more kids. We fought all the time, year after year.
I started to find God, and realized that I was living in sin, so I did what I thought was right and we got married in a court room wedding. I took an oath to her, myself and God that I would never leave her. I was miserable, I am the kind of person that needs to love and be loved, and if not for the love of my children I would not even know what love is, but that wasn't enough, I longed for that special kind of love that a husband and wife share, yet was convinced because of my previous lifestyle I would never know the kind of love that I once shared with the "girl across the street."
Then one day something happened that I never expected, my wife up and left me!!! Except for the fact she took the kids, it was the happiest day of my life up to then.
I felt my life had just passed me by and I had never had that someone special to share it with, and at this age I am not going to start dating again. You meet someone you are interested in and try so hard to be someone they would like, so you just "put on a mask" and try to please them. After a while you "take your masks off" and you don't even know each other. No I will just be single for the rest of my life and learn and share the mistakes with others.
So I thought, until the day that I bumped into "the girl across the street." I couldn't believe it, I have never stopped loving her and now I have a chance to tell her! We talked and it was so amazing, all the time we were apart we lived such parallel lives, we had so much in common I could never explain, but the things in life that I figure Nobody could possible understand, are things that she went through herself, and vice-versa.
Needless to say, as we got to know each other again we fell in love again, and after 21 years and 8 months apart we got back to gether again!!!!
One thing we both shared was the pain that living a "sinful" lifestyle had caused and we both agree that sex is something that should only be shared with husband and wife.
We ended up living with each other for quite some time, and even though we loved each other very much and were even living together we continued to have a "pure" relationship.
Well after about 3 years of living together we finally got married, and what a "story book" wedding it was. We (bigsmile)(bigsmile)(bigsmile)(bigsmile)(bigsmile)got married right on the river bank of that beautiful park that we hung out as kids.
I was so miserable for so many years, and excepted that was the fate I must endure for making the mistakes that I did, I have truly repented of that selfish and sinful lifestyle I once lived, and not has God only forgiven me, but rewarded me with that beautiful "girl across the street" that I have longed for for so many years.
Tomorrow will be 7 months from the day we were married, and I am so grateful for what God has done in my life that I want to share this happy news with all and tell everyone that "miracles Do Happen!!!!"
This is CABL.com posting #157954. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPfO
There are 9 replies to this message
Re: Miracles do happen!!!!!! Bird Dog 12/22/2005 3:11:00 PM
Re: Miracles do happen!!!!!! paulhoover 12/22/2005 8:40:00 AM
Re: Miracles do happen!!!!!! cu91 12/21/2005 11:58:00 PM
Re: Miracles do happen!!!!!! appdog 12/20/2005 10:54:00 PM
Re: Miracles do happen!!!!!! drifterdawg 12/20/2005 10:13:00 PM
Re: Miracles do happen!!!!!! FrzFram1 12/20/2005 9:09:00 PM
Long Lost Friend DetroitCableDoc 12/20/2005 7:39:00 PM
Re: Miracles do happen!!!!!! tclinewalker 12/20/2005 4:08:00 PM
Re: Miracles do happen!!!!!! Kablbaby 12/20/2005 3:43:00 PM