Create your free account now! Sign up

Warning: Bates Installation Co. Nashville, Tenn.

Just wanted to let my fellow satellite installers know that this company is a fraud. Fortunately I only did sub contract work for them for a few months, but within that time I've gotten slow pay, or no pay. Its real frustrating doing work for a company, using you time, money, energy etc. to complete jobs and not getting anything in return. I have 10 outstanding jobs completed that I have'nt been paid for. These jobs are more than two months old, and I was told my pay would be 21 days out. I've recieved several email (which I'd be happy to forward to anyone) with promises that "your check has been sent". 1 month later no check. I feel I deserve an explaination, but I've recieved nothing. Within the past 2 years 4 different companies have screwed me out of money totaling around 3 grand. This company is represented by Mike Holmes who you'll speak to initially, but once you start working and he owes you, you'll never hear from him again. I just noticed a post in the Install Jobs section, NE Ohio at that (I'm in central Ohio), and wanted to make prospects aware of my experience with this company. Another company to avoid is Calm Satellites. They only owe me a few hundred dollars, but they used to do work for a company here in Columbus and both of us were talen advantage of by them. I had a talk with Chris (owner of Calm Satellites), and he assured me that I would be paid on time everytime, never happened. Its funny when one company that you work for screws you out of money, and another company that was working for that company screws you out of money, actually its not. I've been doing this type of work for 7 years now, and this industry has gone to shame. A bunch of thieves. I take alot of pride in my work, and enjoy doing it. Not anymore. Because of my loses I've been forced to put up my vehicle for sale, sale my brand new Birddog, and am on the verge of losing my home. I think there should be some tough legislation against companies doing this to people. Are there any honest companies left out there?
This is CABL.com posting #157716. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPbY
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Warning: Bates Installation Co. Nashville, Ten OPIES HERE 12/16/2005 6:56:00 PM