Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A Different Christmas Poem

You're right, dumyid. My son informed me within 2 weeks of being deployed to Iraq that "We're not here to fight a war, mom. We're here to save a people." He also informed me that whenever any of them went into the shops on base (which he said "Mom, these people don't have s**t") that they always would applaud them and tell them they were happy we were there. It certainly helped my son's morale more than the negative newscasts we all see on the news every day. He would always tell me that the reporters don't know what was going on, they only get half the story....how typical. Also on the base, part of the troop's "duties" were to spend time in the Iraqi orphanage for those young children who are without parents now....I'm not saying awful things aren't happening there, but for my 20-year-old to volunteer to go back after his recent 8 mos there tells me alot, no matter that I want him to stay stateside and safe. I would like the war to end, just like everyone else. But those who sit and pass judgment should certainly have all the information before them when issuing a statement. And putting a bullet in George Bush's head isn't going to accomplish an end to the war. Let the military fight the war and leave the politicians out of it totally. That may get things finished much quicker! Just keep our troops in your prayers and hope that they all can come home sooner rather than later, and safely. Thanks for letting me ramble!(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #157163. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mO23
Posted in reply to: Re: A Different Christmas Poem by dumyid
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: A Different Christmas Poem dumyid 12/8/2005 2:36:00 AM