Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union Bad. License Good.

I have no idea. What kills me is that there are a lot of guys that have been doing this work all of their lives, and have failed the test or simply refuse to take it, they don't believe it and think they will be able to work around this law. The truth is, you cant fake your out of this requirement because it is extremely easy to find out if you are not a Journeyman Electrician because the list is posted on the Internet for everyone to see. You can view the list and find out more information on how this effects you, by going to The California Division of Apprenticeship standards website and clicking on the E;electrical Certification link. When my husband got his card in the mail, his company gave him a huge raise and a brand new 2006 company truck with all the bells and whistles because they want to make sure the Electricians they have do not go to another company. His company told him he is extremely valuable now and that they worry about who they will have certified by next year, if they don't have enough Electricians they are going to loose some very lucrative contracts. By having a bunch of Journeyman they will have an edge over the competition. Clients will not have as many choices in Contractors to do the work, and Contractors will have more bargaining power on prices. Downside for us is, I don't think the CATV Industry has too many Journeyman. Where are we going to find people with experience in cable and the card? Its hard enough to find good people who know what they are doing as it is. Good luck to all.
This is CABL.com posting #157157. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mO2X
Posted in reply to: Re: Union Bad. License Good. by voices
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Union Bad. License Good. voices 12/7/2005 3:34:00 PM