Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: One Nation Under God

I would have to respectfully disagree at least the left wouldnt seek censorship or to try to take our freedoms away. Although I dont like the fact that they are becoming more and more religious intolerant (but only when it comes to church and state issues),although I can understand there reasoning. With regard to the founders I offer this suggestion that the reason even T Jeffersons close friends didnt know about the Jefferson bible was he was afraid of a backlash from the religious communty. If you openly disagree with the right in todays society thay call you anti American and that you hate America and that you hate the troops. Maybe its the right that hates America. They dont like the fact that we have the freedoms to openly dissent. Im not saying that the right hates America Im just sick and tired of hearing that the left does. And I dont know why Im defending the left Im not left,I feel like Im probably where most of the country is, close to center. I think if the right had a chance they would love to strike down the 1st amend. I have another ? why wasnt the right who always claims to be in support of the troops up in arms mad when the white house leaked V Plames name? Now I know she hasnt been covert for years but from everything Ive seen she was in the past maybe 10-15 years ago. In leaking her name they put everyone she ever dealt with in harms way and she worked in the M/East, not only that they put American CIA people who used that front company and there families in harms way. As a strong supporter of the military Im outraged by that. Why would anyone ever want to join the CIA knowing that The White House has no problem leaking there Identity as some sort of political vendetta. I dont care what the husband did they had no right to do that. Ive seen reports that many foreign governments launched there own internal investigation to see if anyone in there government ever had dealings with this front company. The right impeached a pres for lying about a blow*** but they think that this was okay. I am surprised by your responding post I figured coming from the right they would be really hateful like most of the rights responses in todays society are, you see thats how Americans are supposed to act even when they dissagree be civil to each other.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all ofyou.
This is CABL.com posting #157093. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mO1V
Posted in reply to: Re: One Nation Under God by tbl60
There are 0 replies to this message