Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Silly kids, Unions are for employees!

8 years telco, 2 year dbs. 6 of the 8 telcom years, union. Those were without question the best times I had financially.

My purpose was not to try to get everyone behind the union flag. I was just trying to add some truth on the topic. You see while working in a union shop you are always reminded about people like us. We are viewed as people who have no say in the workplace. We are the ones who dont recieve proper training or adequate pay. These are the things you are told you dont get when you dont come together as a whole and speak with united voice. I t is so true IMO. While a union member and hearing these things I never thought it iwas true. I never thought people actually stood for that type treatment, when they have the option to have united voice in the workplace. Then I entered the world of of the dbs/sat industry and found it to be true. There are people who feel no need to excercise their rights and get a voice in the work place. They feel fine they way things are now. And thats cool. I just dont understand why so many complaints. Why so many complaints without the willingness to correct the issues. Usually the workers who dont want a voice dont know they are getting scrwed. Thats what makes this industry different. We know we are getting the shaft, we know how its being done, and in some cases we know whos doing it, but the only thing we do is complain. I come from a background where you stand up. Maybe the rest of you have also, and just stand a different way. So maybe I will have to just adapt to this new way of standing up, I dont know. To me its simple, you have rights, excercise them if you want things to change.
This is CABL.com posting #156863. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOYd
Posted in reply to: Re: Silly kids, Unions are for employees! by royf
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Silly kids, Unions are for employees! Trey9007 12/2/2005 11:27:00 PM