Create your free account now! Sign up

new dtv tivo

well hope everybody had a happy turkey-day here is one for the masses the new r-15 dvr plus,....

No phone call during set up......yeah! most of the problems that have seeing with d-tv tivo's had something to do with phone call set up part of the and before anybody makes a coment on this know that I'm 4 year cable tech 1 1/2 a/v with dish network 3 with the hsp and 1 year as contractor...

there's one bad thing it's called the evil software update that wants to force it's way in during activation or right when you are about to do cust-ed....

it's also been said some techs that I trust and know that you should avoid bootting the r-15 without having to hot lines on it,
with the old systems you sellect 2 lines and load and when it prompts with eror message just choose to fix later go outside run your line by the time your done the tivo should be done loading same thing with dish ups from single to tripple ecxept the very much hated 72.5 dtv alt locals wich you have auto detect new or old even on simple reboot or when you unplug from swicht ..
ok I think this has turned in to love story....peace out...
This is CABL.com posting #156435. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mORj
There are 0 replies to this message