Create your free account now! Sign up

Bad Situation

Member Uploaded Image

This is why cable company's are (should be) fanatical about having contracts properly executed and requiring contractors to carry high insurance levels. I feel bad for the installer, but can you imagine how the family feels that was moving into their new dream house the day before Thanksgiving!

From the FOX 2 News web site:

A CABLE TV INSTALLER ADMITS HE MAY HAVE CAUSED OLIVETTE HOUSE FIRE

A cable TV installer may have made a million-dollar mistake. Investigators say that worker started a fire that destroyed a luxury home in Olivette just off Old Bonhomme Road around 2:30pm Tuesday afternoon. The installer has been on the job less than six months, but he says he thought he'd done everything right. But that's when the fire started. A roaring inferno took dozens of firefighters hours to tackle. The home was brand new, and the owners were just moving in. Investigators now say--and that cable installer admitted to us--that he drilled a hole thru the back of the house to run a wire. His foot long drill bit pierced the main electrical box in the basement, and that's when sparks started to fly. Anis Mujkanovich said, "It is probably my mistake, and I'm truly sorry for what happened here. But I can't say much more than that right now. We'll just leave it up to the investigation and see what happens." Investigators remain at the scene as they confirm the cause of the fire.

From the STL Post Dispatch:

In a statement, Jim Renken, vice president and general manager for Charter Communications' St. Louis operations, said a subcontractor for the company was "performing a routine cable installation at the house when a fire was discovered." Charter is cooperating fully with authorities, he said.

The subcontractor declined to comment.
This is CABL.com posting #156361. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOP7
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: Bad Situation KbleGuy 11/28/2005 9:47:00 AM
Re: Bad Situation kingsplize 11/26/2005 6:33:00 PM
Re: Bad Situation kong 11/26/2005 4:08:00 PM
Re: Bad Situation ssid67 11/25/2005 5:40:00 AM
Re: Bad Situation joeatstellar 11/24/2005 11:11:00 AM
Re: Bad Situation joeatstellar 11/24/2005 11:06:00 AM