Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Looking for address for John Cooks Co. and Cab

My company was hired by CableOne to perform fiber and aerial restoration services around the first of October on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I called Tommy Emmons of Directional Boring and asked him to find me 3-5 aerial coax/fiber crews to start work. My contract was with Directional Boring and exclusively with them. A man named David O'Leary called me a couple of days later and said he had crews in the area and would have their foreman call me to set up logistics, etc. The foreman for the crews was named DJ, and his company was Unlimited Cable. We started with three crews, explained their paperwork requirements and QC requirements, made all of our office resources available to them, and put them out in the field around October 1. We immediately started having "issues" with a certain employee of SealTec (former employee of Cableman). For some reason, he took it upon himself to start checking up on these crews and reporting whatever he could back to MasTec. I think these crews from Unlimited had previously worked for SealTec. and there was some bad blood between them already. Also, MasTec was rejecting the paperwork that was being submitted by the Unlimited Cable crews and we had to jump through major hoops just to get this straight and accepted by CableOne. Long story short, we were dismissed from service in less than three weeks due to reports of crews sleeping in their trucks during working hours, sub-standard aerial work, and unacceptable paperwork submissions. We paid every penny to Tommy Emmons that we were invoiced from him, and can only hope that he paid his people as well. My company has yet to receive any money from CableOne, and we are out over $50,000 that we have already paid to Tommy, David, Unlimited Cable, and Directional Boring. I did give Unlimited Cable two payments of $10,000 each, one on 10/8 and another on 10/24. The deal with Directional Boring was that they were to pay Unlimited and I was to pay Directional, but Dennis with Unlimited kept telling me that he was not being paid and I was not going to stand by and let that happen with the crews out here working and trying to rebuild my community.

I have always paid my vendors, and have posted information on this site in the past with names of crews and companies that do good work for us. We have been in business for several years now, and as with all companies, there are those that love us and those that hate us. I rarely take these uninformed postings personal, as most of the people making these posts only want to know half of the story anyway and all company Owners are generally the bad guys. Cable posers abound in this industry, and I'm sorry to say that some live their lives posing as cable techs when I personally wouldn't hire them to screw a coax connector to the back of my television. Our information is readily available to anyone that has enough common sense to look for it, and we have never refused to take a call from anybody or pay any valid bill or invoice.

John H. Cook
John Cook Company, LLC
Vi SION Fiber Services, Inc.
This is CABL.com posting #156305. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOPd
Posted in reply to: Re: Looking for address for John Cooks Co. and Cab by CABLESPY
There is 1 reply to this message
unlimited cable superstockpull 11/22/2005 8:38:00 PM