Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I Don't Care

Its good to know that there are people out there who are thinking about this. Your points were very good and challenging.

Show me some quotes where the Bush administration claimed that Saddam Hussein had anything to to with 9/11.>>>

Bush Said:
“The regime of Saddam Hussein cultivated ties to terror while it built weapons of mass destruction.” – President Bush's UN speech, 9/23/03

NY Times: According to documents, "Saddam Hussein warned his Iraqi supporters to be wary of joining forces with foreign Arab fighters entering Iraq to battle U.S. troops. The document provides another piece of evidence challenging the Bush administration contention of close cooperation between Saddam's regime and al Qaeda terrorists." [NY Times, 1/15/04]

Bush Said;
“Iraq (is) the central front in the war on terror.” – President Bush's UN speech, 9/23/03

"CIA interrogators have already elicited from the top Qaeda officials in custody that, before the American-led invasion, Osama bin Laden had rejected entreaties from some of his lieutenants to work jointly with Saddam." [NY Times, 1/15/04]

"Sec. of State Colin Powell conceded Thursday that despite his assertions to the United Nations last year, he had no 'smoking gun' proof of a link between the government of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and terrorists of al-Qaeda.'I have not seen smoking-gun, concrete evidence about the connection,' Powell said." [NY Times, 1/9/04]

Bush Said:
“You can't distinguish between al-Qaida and Saddam.” – President Bush, 9/25/02

“Three former Bush Administration officials who worked on intelligence and national security issues said the prewar evidence tying Al Qaeda was tenuous, exaggerated and often at odds with the conclusions of key intelligence agencies.” [National Journal, 8/9/03]

Declassified documents “undercut Bush administration claims before the war that Hussein had links to Al Qaeda.” [LA Times, 7/19/03].

Bush Said:
There's no question that Saddam Hussein had al Qaeda ties.” – President Bush, 9/17/03

“The chairman of the monitoring group appointed by the United Nations Security Council to track Al Qaeda told reporters that his team had found no evidence linking Al Qaeda to Saddam Hussein.” [NY Times, 6/27/03]

Cheney Said in contradiction to the russert interview you mentioned.
“There was a relationship between Iraq and al-Qaeda.” – Vice President Cheney, 9/14/03

"U.S. allies have found no links between Iraq and Al Qaeda. 'We have found no evidence of links between Iraq and Al Qaeda,' said Europe's top investigator. 'If there were such links, we would have found them. But we have found no serious connections whatsoever.'" [LA Times, 11/4/02]

I agree with you and others who want an end to terrorism. The trick is not be terrorists in doing so. So far we have killed 10's of thousands of innocent iraqies, 9200 women and children due to us bombs. This far exceeds the 3,000 Americans Osama killed.

These people are religious fanatics. Israel and palestine have been killing each other for centuries. Were not going to stop that with a phony war or a constitution or a day at the polls. These people want to die for GOD. Have you had any luck shutting up the mouth of an American religious fanantic. Oh maybe a good kick in the nads will cause them to pucker for awhile but they are brainwashed.

There is a difference between insurgents and terrorists. Sometimes they are the same but what would you do if someone invaded and occupied this country dropped bombs on your mother or sister? Much of the problem there is that we are there. So lets work our way out, beef up our borders, our civil defense procedures and administrators, stop being one sided with Israel and show the world once more what america stands for by example.

Anyway this is my last post on the subject, I appreciate your and others thougts on this matter. I only ask that we all keep asking questions, thats what America is all about the right to question authority without punishment or torture.

This is CABL.com posting #156285. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOOT
Posted in reply to: Re: I Don't Care by dumyid
There are 0 replies to this message