Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I Don't Care

You say that Bush was going to attack Saddam before 911 ever happened?>>>

Rove, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfawitz all belong to a group called the PNAC. What he is referring to is their notes taken well before 911 that called for a "Pearl Harbor event" to bring the country to a mood to invade Iraq. They have planned invasion of Iraq well before 911 and some think they may have even set up 911 as the "Pearl Harbor" event they were looking for. A big stretch I know but it is possible.

As far as Murtha, one of the most respected military supportive congressmen, simply was making a point that the troops need to be redeployed as soon as possible. That the military had been successful in their goal to bring down Sadamm and should be redeployed to support Iraqie training, not keep doing the same thing that has turned out to be a total failure. As we stay the course an impossible situation with recruitment and equipment problems. The military is in an impossible position to continue on the path they are on.

The Republicans best known for their two or three word sound bytes, came up with a cheap trick to make the democrats look bad. They misrepresented Murtha's statements and caused a vote on a non binding proposition (One that has no teeth) to immediately withdraw our troops from Iraq...period. Thats not what Murtha said. Of course the democrats werent going to vote for this, it was a stupid Republican trick. They knew that many of their supporters who cant fathom a thought beyond a three word sound byte would take it literally and many did so.

As far as the inconsistancy of the democrats I would have to agree that the moderate and conservative democrats have danced on both sides of the issue. Liberals such as Kucinich and Dean and myself have been against this ridiculos war from the beginning. Now that 60 percent of the American public now think we should have never gone to Iraq, the weasly little twirps like Biden switch up.

They have their excuses but if you consider the intelligence was made up by the Bush and the PNAC to bring us into war and all they did was give him the support and authority to go to war if neccessary, they still walk a thin line.

Anyone who did not see Murtha's speech in the house the other night should read the text or see a replay. He projected a Presidential image in his delivery and his context was exactly right. If you disagree with that speech, I would only ask you to read it or
see it and tell me whats wrong with what he said rather than falling for the same old tricks the right wing of the Republican party keeps pulling off.
This is CABL.com posting #156127. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOMl
Posted in reply to: Re: I Don't Care by dumyid
There are 0 replies to this message