Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I Don't Care

Apparently we are.
From the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives today:

The fiery, emotional debate climaxed when Rep. Jean Schmidt, R-Ohio, the most junior member of the House, told of a phone call she received from a Marine colonel.
"He asked me to send Congress a message — stay the course. He also asked me to send Congressman Murtha a message — that cowards cut and run, Marines never do," Schmidt said.
AND SOME MORE.....
"Here on the ground, our job is not done," said Col. James Brown, commander of the 56th Brigade Combat Team, when asked about Murtha's comments during a weekly briefing that American field commanders give to Pentagon reporters.

I think it's pathetic that on both sides of the aisle, House members and Senators seem to take to different positions on the war almost week-by-week. Have the balls to take a stand for what you believe in and stick to it. Here's mine, and it has been from the beginning:
The good ol' USA has always promoted the idea "that a free people with diverse beliefs could govern themselves in peace" and "America has spared no effort to defend and promote that idea around the world". Sounds pretty good, huh? It's straight out of the 2004 Democratic National Platform. Does anybody think we could have convinced Saddam to let his people "govern themselves in peace"? I don't. So we went over and are in the process of taking the country out of the hands of someone who gassed people that had diverse beliefs, raped the wives and daughters of men who disobeyed him...I could go on and on. Is it going to be rough in the beginning? You bet your ass it is. If I remember correctly we killed each other right here at home fighting for our own people's freedom. So...for starters we're bringing the hope of freedom to millions of people, and I can't speak for them but I think our soldiers over there feel good about what they're doing. A little icing on the cake is that we're either hunting the same thugs down who want to kill us or they're stupid enough to come to us over there--not on our own soil. I'd like to hear Fiberdawg weigh in on this one.
This is CABL.com posting #156063. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOLj
Posted in reply to: Re: I Don't Care by Emerger
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I Don't Care Emerger 11/18/2005 9:45:00 PM