Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Thank you for recognizing us. It seems the recognition, we would trade for medical treatment for "service connected illnesses". I personally am not suffering from anything, but, alot of Viet-Nam vets are coming down with prostate cancer, (among other things) directly connected to agent orange. This was not detected at the time of their discharge, but now (in thier late 50s') it is an epidemic with these guys. I just had a dear friend diagnosed with lung cancer in June, he never smoked, or drank, nor did anyone in his family. He hasn't gotten his dissablity yet, even though the V.A. says it was agent orange that caused it. He died a month ago, at the age of 57. He didnt get to celebrate this Veterans Day! He was full of life in May at 5' 7" at about 190 lbs. He died 5 months later at 85 lbs.!!!!!!! His name was Randy, his widows name is Katy. This is only one of the stories I can tell you, you see I am a former Commander of an American Legion post, and I hear alot of stories, and I've seen them personnaly. This is no joke, these guys need our help, as will the returning veterans of today. Randy knew me from the time I was born, he and my dad both went to Viet Nam, I went to Iraq 23 years later, my little sister (21 yrs old) just returned home safe. So,,,, anytime you get a chance to stand up for your Veterans, think about what they are doing, what they have done, and what they will go through some day.
Thanks to both you ole' school ladys' for keeping the American Soldier in your heart, Later, Red(snipper)(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #155729. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOFV
Posted in reply to: Re: Happy Veterans Day! by oldschooldbstech
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Happy Veterans Day! DZW! 11/11/2005 9:28:00 PM