Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: drop wire

What I forgot to say (The point actually) is that as long as the two metal types i.e., braid and center conductor do not come into direct contact you should avoid notable CLI and be alright. Long long ago on a far away planet......CLI leakage would typically show up at around damaged cables and connectors etc. Hell, I remember some 20 plus years ago somebody stuck a metal ( shish-kabob) skewer dab smack through the middle of a piece of aerial trunk cable. Created quite the circuit and became a freekn' CLI broadcast beacon. If my memory serves me correctly when we responded to the "Outage" area we picked up a >275microvolt leak about 70' from the intrusion. So anyway, Big cable, small cable - they both share similar electrical makeup.(loopy) and the excess braid coming out of the back of the F-Connector shouldn't worry you about signal leakage. I'd be more concerned with the person's workmanship and skill set.....HA
Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #155618. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOD8
Posted in reply to: Re: drop wire by Zoots Alures
There are 0 replies to this message