Create your free account now! Sign up

What can I do to ATS (Mobile) for non payment?

Anything you guys can think of to give ATS a headache would be greatly apprec. I have already heard plenty of stories of ATS and Fred Hariston not paying installers, so I am pretty sure they arent gonna pay me in 90 days like they claim. My partner signed a contract with them and I had no clue but apparently they have a provision stating you will never file a mechanics lien on ATS or the cust. How can a company do that?? What can I do about them breaching the contract, and would that exempt me from filing a mechanics lien etc?

Basically we started working with them around the begining of September and still havent gotten paid for about half the work we have done. They claimed that Buccaneer Sat was 2 weeks behind Professional Sat pay which was already 21 days out. We received 3 checks from ATS for Prosat work. The third check should have had the Bucc pay but didnt. We had already talked to Fred about this (before we even were paid, after working for 4 weeks with gas @$2.69-2.99) and he said it would be 2 weeks behind. We found work out of town for a few weeks and closed out all of our days on prosite since we were only getting about 1 or 2 jobs a week. After mailing the check 3 jobs were posted to us on prosite. I called the next day to inform them that we had closed those days and were out of town working (I was very nice) A couple of days later we got the check minus the Bucc work again and noticed that we could no longer access our prosite account. We tried to call Fred several times and finally Kay at the office called and told us that he wouldnt talk to us she would or we could email him. She said something about us being terminated and when disputed she said they "assumed" since we went out of town and closed the days. Now they are holding all of the rest of our money for 90 days because the contract says they can if terminated. The contract also says they will pay us 21 after invoice date and that either party can terminate the contract with written notice to address,fax, or email. They never told us we were terminated. Isnt that a breach of the contract on theyre part, and shouldnt they have to pay for jobs that were supposed to have been paid for before we were teminated? Kay said she assumed but it was up to Fred and to email him. He replied saying to refer any questions to her. I know this is a long post but Im just hoping you guys can give advice on what I can do since all I knew was a mechanics lien. Thanks in advance.
This is CABL.com posting #155563. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mODf
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: What can I do to ATS (Mobile) for non payment? SATMAN/MEMPHIS 11/8/2005 5:37:00 PM
Re: What can I do to ATS (Mobile) for non payment? fischersatellite 11/8/2005 5:26:00 PM