Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I'm Mad

Isn't it amazing that the re-up rate (at least what I've heard even through the liberal media) is higher now than it ever has been? The men and women over there know that they're fighting for a cause, and they're willing to stake their lives on it. Sure, people over here have the right to bitch and moan about the war all they want, and you'll have your share of disgruntled servicemen and women who have every right to do the same...another right that our veterans have fought to maintain over the years. If any of you are naive enough to think that you have any idea what the president or anybody in the administration knew before the war...wake up. I'm a registered Democrat, turning more conservative every day. I voted for Al Gore--still think the SC was wrong in their ruling. But I also voted for Bush the second go-round (I guess that means I voted against Bush, before I voted for him--sound familiar?). I never questioned his integrity--in either election. I'm still convinced he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, despite what people say about his intellect behind the scenes. But to say he lied to us so he could "slaughter" 2000 Americans and countless Iraqis--over oil, I'm sure--is just plain ridiculous. Did he have the best pre-war intelligence--doubt it. But I believe he acted on what he was given, not just some whim. It was a great concept--going to war because we felt (or "knew") Saddam had WMDs. Since the beginning of it, though, I've been all for the thought of liberating millions of people--and I still am. Isn't it funny how the Democratic Party used to think along those same lines and Republicans used to believe that we weren't the world's "big brother"? Maybe that's why the left can't win much of anything these days. I'm sorry--I think since we have the best-trained, best-equipped military in the world, I'd like to think that we'd look out for the little guys. I feel good about helping less-fortunate people, and I think our military men and women feel the same. I guess that's just the "liberal" in me seeping out.
This is CABL.com posting #155485. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOBZ
Posted in reply to: Re: I'm Mad by FiberSlasher
There are 0 replies to this message