Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I'm Mad

Bucketbaby, bucketbaby, bucketbaby. You've become one of the pods, I'm afraid. You've been watching too many movies, and you've paid to much attention to the nutcases at the protest rallies.

I’m not going to re-hash WWII, except to say that it was a war for oil. We had it, and the Japs didn’t. That’s what started it. And no, Hitler never attacked the US.

As far as the war going on right now, I always thought it was a bad idea. It dumbfounded me when we invaded Iraq. There was never any reason to do it. I believed at the time that Sadam Hussein had chemical weapons, and I STILL believe that he did. I just wonder what happened to them. But, chemical weapons was never a good enough reason to invade Iraq.

The invasion of Iraq was the brainchild of Paul Wolfowitz, who I think is a little twirp, along the same lines as George Stephanopolous. Even though Sadam Hussein violated the terms of the 1991 cease fire agreement (yes, when you lose a war, you lose on the victor’s terms) and we had every legal right to invade Iraq, it was still a bad idea. Until now.

To put it in terms you can understand, we have been taking crap off of that side of the world for about forty years. Unjustified crap. They kill innocent civilians because they don’t like MTV. Hell, I don’t like MTV either, but it’s no reason to kill anybody.

What’s happening in Iraq, right now, it’s the best thing that could ever have come out of it, even though it was never planned. Johnny Jihadists from all over the world are pouring into Iraq to fight “the Great Satan”. Only this time, their fighting Great Satan’s ARMY instead of women and little kids, and yes, oh yes, they are dying like rats by the thousands. Good for them, and God bless the First Cavalry Division!

Now, as for your other foolish mis-guided statements: The US didn’t fight a war in Korea, the entire world did. It was the United Nations that attacked North Korea after they invaded the south. Speaking as someone who is married to a South Korean woman, I’ glad they did.

The war in Viet Nam was a good idea poorly executed. It was justified, or so says me and the Dalai Lama. Don’t like it, talk to the Dalai Lama, not me.

Bucketbaby, you need to grow up.
This is CABL.com posting #155468. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOBI
Posted in reply to: Re: I'm Mad by bucketbaby
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: I'm Mad uboatcmdr 11/7/2005 12:11:00 PM
Re: I'm Mad FiberSlasher 11/7/2005 10:53:00 AM