Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Asbestos Siding

I've drilled hundreds of holes in asbestos siding, other than lung cancer, empheziema, heart palpetations, skin disorders, and the occasional case of crabs, I've had no side affects at all!! Really I dont think drilling holes in asbestos siding is any worse than somking a cigarette, but thats coming from a smoker. If you are FORCED to drill the 3/8 inch hole, thats a different story. I would explain your concerns to your customer and go from there. The small amount of asbestos that you are exposed to by drilling a 3/8 hole in the siding is probably alot less than you would get going into any older attic. But you shouldn't be forced to do it. If you decide to drill the hole go from the outside in useing high speed on the bit with very little pressure, until you get through the siding. Going from inside out is just a bad thing waiting to happen, the siding will shatter, which is why alot of employers wont let their people drill it. Being a contractor, its ultimatley up to you, I use to do it all the time, I tryed not to breath in any of the dust, and my brain annurism is getting better. Use your best judgement and play the cx. If they still have asbestos siding on their house they shouldn't be allowed to have T.V. in the first place. Hope this helps. Later, Red(snipper)(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #154686. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOo6
Posted in reply to: Asbestos Siding by bhider1
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Asbestos Siding bhider1 10/23/2005 1:46:00 PM
Re: Asbestos Siding Gwester843 10/23/2005 9:17:00 AM