Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Wilma

They wont do anything but try to get around it at sea. I was on a cruise in a Hurricane....it was Isis in 1998. She hit the Mexican Riviera...out of the Pacific, a CAT5...(and no not the wire) when we approached her. The Captain tried to go around her, but we were kinda stuck. The ship tossed and turned, the crew came into the lower deck rooms in the middle of the night and boarded up the portholes. I was on the upper deck, and the water was over my window at some points. The waves were huge, and Titanic kept coming to mind. They would not do anything because it says in the disclaimer that they are not responsible for Hurricanes and other natural occurrences. I have the whole fiasco on video tape, thats how I ended up getting off the ship in Puerto Vallarta and flying home compliments of the cruise line, and they gave me most of my money back. But that was only because of the tape, which I still have. If anyone knows how to transfer a video tape to the computer, I will show you all what a category 5 looks like at sea.......it gives new meaning to that song blow the man down!(eek)
This is CABL.com posting #154384. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOke
Posted in reply to: Wilma by Midwest Splicing
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Wilma johngault 10/20/2005 8:14:00 AM
Re: Wilma deleted 10/19/2005 9:54:00 PM
Was it a CARNIVAL cruise? Victor 10/19/2005 8:31:00 PM
Re: Wilma Wife of a cable guy 10/19/2005 4:41:00 PM