Entity Creation Date: 12/23/1993
Phone:314-645-6299
FAX 314=645-7653
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION CERTIFIED MINORITY BUSINESS ENTERPRISES
Engineering design services

SOLOMON D AKINDURO PRESIDENT of AFRAM CORP in MO
OLAYEMI AKINDURO VICE PRESIDENT MO AFRAM CORP
(Pres of Afram Corp in IL)
There also is a AFRAM CORPORATION OF ILLINOIS ALSO (same family)

AFRAM CORPORATION in Tennesssee
119 S MAIN STREET
SUITE 500
MEMPHIS, TN 38103

Afram Corp
119 S Main St Ste 500
(901) 543-1116

OLAYEMI AKINDURO
250 MARTIGNEY DR
ST LOUIS MO 63129

CHICAGO OFFICE:
155 N Michigan
Suite 719 or Suite 570 ?
Chicago, IL 60601
312-819-0615
312-819-0625 FAX

Ying Xia Cai

Professor
Adjunct Faculty
Urbauer Room #211
Office Phone: (314) 645-6299
Email: (-REDACTED-)

Professor Cai has taught with the Civil Engineering
Department since 1997. Away from the university,
he uses his background in structural engineering at
AFRAM, an engineering design and construction management firm

EASTSIDE PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT LLC
Agent Name: Akinduro, Solomon
Office Address: 7120 Manchester
St. Louis MO 63143

PETROS TECHNOLOGY GROUP (PTG) LLC
Agent Name: D. Solomon Akinduro
Office Address: 7120 Manchester Avenue
St. Louis MO 63143

AFRAM Corporation
Native Nigerian Turns Visit To America Into Growing Business
Solomon Akinduro turned a brief stay in America into the American dream.
When Akinduro came to the United States in 1984 from his native Nigeria, his plan was to earn his college education and return home. Then he experienced business opportunities in America.
“It was never my intention to stay, but the economy was slumping back home and there were better business opportunities for me here,” said Akinduro, who earned his master’s degree from Washington University.
After working as an engineer with two St. Louis companies, Akinduro took the risk of starting his own company in 1993. “Even before I came to this country, I knew I would one day have my own company,” he said. “I thought the timing was right.”
The result is AFRAM Corp., one of the area’s fastest-growing construction management and engineering firms. Akinduro began the company humbly, with $200, a home office and no clients.
Today, the company employs 45 with locations in St. Louis, Chicago, Ill., and Memphis, Tenn.

The firm has worked on a variety of projects, including airports, correctional facilities, highways, office buildings, shopping centers, health care facilities and residential buildings. AFRAM has worked with such clients as BJC, Washington University, University of Missouri-St. Louis, Bi-State Development Agency, MSD, City of St. Louis and Lambert International Airport.

The company is currently working as part of the design team for the Lindbergh tunnel being constructed in conjunction with the Lambert airport expansion program. The Lindbergh tunnel, which will be completed in two years, will be the first “drive-through” tunnel in the state of Missouri. “It’s a landmark project,” Akinduro said. The firm is responsible for fire protection, electrical design and scheduling as well as cost estimating for the project.
The key to the firm’s growth and success over the years is simple, according to Akinduro.

“Our success comes down to our quality,” he said. “When we get a job, we do it on time and do it right. We’ve known from the beginning, if we concentrate on quality, our phone will keep ringing.”“When you are a small, minority-owned firm, you have to go through a lot of scrutiny. Our minority status may help us get our foot in the door, but our quality helps us keep the business and generate more business. We listen to the clients’ needs and fulfill those needs.”

The firm’s quality comes from the staff’s vast experience. The average number of years of experience for people at AFRAM is 25. “We’ve gone after quality people,” he said. “You get what you pay for. The company is nothing without its people.”
In the future, Akinduro would like to become a design-build construction firm, where clients’ can utilize the firm as a one-stop shop. “We would like to be a turnkey operation, where we can design, manage and handle all aspects of the construction project,” he said. Looking back, Akinduro, who is now an American citizen, has no regrets about his decision to stay in America and live his dream. “There is no place like America,” he said. “It’s my home.”

This is CABL.com posting #152855. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNVz
Posted in reply to: afram by knipex
There are 0 replies to this message