Create your free account now! Sign up

Rita , Is she the the next major Hurricane??????

Dammit Man, as I sit and watch the weather channel I only wonder to myself , whats next , which state will it be , will Rita hit Texas or will she turn and hit somewhere else . It seems to me that the weather forcasters have an inability to properly forcast the track of Hurricanes this year. They certainly were not certain where Ophellia would go . It seems hard to predict Mother Nature this year. I remember when I was in high school , and how cheap the prices of land along Bouge Banks was. Bouge Banks is the Barrier Island that skirts along our coast protecting us from the Atlantic Ocean. My parents would never buy land on the island as they lived here during the time in which category 4 storm named Hazel washed completly over many parts of the island, cutting inlets and slues in many places where they had never been before. I also recall a Hurricane just a couple of years ago that cut a sloth 1/2 mile wide through Hatteras Island taking with it a couple of motels, they were consumed by the Atlantic ocean gone forever execpt in peoples memories. I think of ocean front houses along Emerald Isle here that were totaly destroyed , that will not be allowed to be rebuilt , I wonder to myself how much money will our goverment put out before they put their foot down and not allow things to be rebuilt . Where will all the displaced people go? How will the impact on those peoples lives affect ours? Will we soon have a new disability called Hurricane Syndrome that people will be able to collect from the Federal Goverment will have to fund? So many questions , so few answers. I have never worked the coast of Texas , I wonder how close buildings are allowed to be built next to the Gulf . I guess I'll call Gary Vest he will know as I know he worked Corpus Christy years back. In looking in the help wanted here it is easy to see there are not enough contractors to meet the demand for us now. It is time for a union of contractors and a big meeting to sit down and discuss things while the ball is in our court. We discussed this a year ago but failed to organise it. I blame myself partly as I dropped the ball being divorced and missing my children I was not in the proper mental state to make it happen, my apologies to all. I am now again tough as nails and would would like to see this meeting take place. This meeting will be a for a Union of Contractors not a Contractors Union . I would like to know how many left out there wouild still be interested in such a meeting? If your interested please reply here or send me a private message so we may see if we can get the ball rolling while the ball is in our court. By myself I am nobody , but there is strength in numbers . I still have the private e-mail from one of the factor companys that offered to foot the bill to help organise this meeting. Let us on this day move foward to help control the cut throat pricing now occouring in our industry. Again thanks for reading.
(usa) (canada) "WHITFIELD"(sunny)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #152795. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNUB
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Rita , Is she the the next major Hurricane???? TheManCablegypse 9/19/2005 10:41:00 AM
Re: Rita , Is she the the next major Hurricane???? eazmentbound 9/19/2005 10:11:00 AM