Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Support the Employee Free Choice Act.

I believe most unions do support this bill. Like I said there are polls and other information that suggest that many employees would like to join a union but dont, because they are intimidated by the company. When I said it wasnt a union bill I meant it in a way that it doesnt benefit unions financially like so many people seem to think. This bill only benefits worker. It will allow them to vote their concience, and not be intimidated. Whether they vote yes or no is not the issue of this bill. The issue is whether the employee is able vote free from intimidation, regardless which way they vote. Naturally companies know if workers are able to vote their conciense, many workers will vote in a union.

Perfect example is workers at AT&T Wireless. In the past employees have approaced CWA to organize. But they lost the election. Then Cingular purchased AT&T wireless. Cingular has a consent and neutrality agreement with CWA. This means the company agrees to basically sit back and let employees vote free of scare tactics. Under these conditions the same workers who were once AT&T voted CWA in, and it wasnt close. Same workers, same union, diiferent enviroment to vote undfer.
This is CABL.com posting #152775. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNUh
Posted in reply to: Re: Support the Employee Free Choice Act. by cableconst
There are 0 replies to this message