Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Core Drillers

Historically, I've used Milwaukee or Porter Cable Hammer Drills. Their concept of how they make the Hammer portion actuate seems to support going through 3"-9" or even greater depths like butter much better than inexpensive types of Hammers. You'll need however to obtain a high quality set of Bits from your nearest Utility Supply store. 1"-3" or greater diameter can cost you some significant $$. Obviously, the least type of bit would be a combo carbide/diamond style.

Once you obtain them you should be able to draw some pretty good $$ for the job depending upon the depth and width. Additionally, you better investigate the necessity of having to X-Ray those floors depending upon the situation.

As an MSO operator I gladly paid a 15% premium to the contractor who performed the X-Ray for his/her handling fees. I had them include the original invoice for the portable X-Ray cost (Pass-through) and then their invoice which included the mark-up. This was the audit trail that I requested so to have complete documentation for future Audits that came up.
Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #152702. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNS6
Posted in reply to: Core Drillers by cableguy82172
There are 0 replies to this message