Create your free account now! Sign up

Word for the Day -- ANGST

angst

n : an acute but unspecific feeling of anxiety; usually reserved for philosophical anxiety about the world or about personal freedom.

No doubt many of those on here that have seen my retorts of late, have been looking for the proper word to apply. Well--- here it is.

It is unbelievable to me, that people cannot put their arms around the magnitude of the present situation in the South. I am not going to get on a soapbox about whose fault it is.
Fact is, blame can only be applied to the government if they would have known this thing was coming and didnt try to get everyone out. They did tell everyone to leave. I know from personal first hand experience that people became too complacent with the storms of past. Lest they all have forgotten the day of Camille. It was too long ago, and the belief of so many became that of " It wont happen like that again. We've come too far in this day and age!"
My passion for taking this stance resides with the phone calls I made last week to some people that I consider rather intelligent. They chose to stay down in the area. I even put a plea on this very web site in hopes that they would see it, and get the hell out.

What has happened remains a mystery. But I am pissed.
I am pissed not because the government has become such a crutch for a vast majority of people, but because our very instinctive survival skills have become so dull, that we stand in the face of such power,thumb our noses at it and challege its ability to destroy us ala Ltn. Dan in Forrest Gump.

My angst will dwell within me until I feel that some normalcy has returned to this nations collective thought process.

It's out of control right now, and if I have offended you with my comments of late--- too bad. We have to regain our senses or we will pass the point of no return. Hell, we may already have.
This is CABL.com posting #152084. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNI8
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Word for the Day -- ANGST Emerger 11/23/2005 12:01:00 AM
Re: Word for the Day -- ANGST huntercomm 9/6/2005 8:06:00 PM