Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Raising the $$ of fuel that is already in the

I am not sure if price changing is controlled state by state, but I know in Tennessee and in Georgia, that they can change the price 25 times a day if the station chose to do so.... now, how they get thier prices: (I have a bud who owns and runs a refinery here in Chattanooga, the only refinery, and he has taught me alot about the oil/gas industry) the price that is being called for on a barrel of oil today, determans the actual price of fule that will be paid in two weeks by the stations, so the stations usually go by a three day average, and change the prices accordingly. The prices they charge today will be so they can purchase replacement fuel in two weeks at the cost that will be charged then. When we have an emergency like we are currently having the Gulf, then people get out of hand..... and think that they can charge what ever they want. We have a station here that over night, went to $4.99 for regular, while every one else was at $3.20+-. The news interviewed him and he said he did not understand English, and that he did not have fuel to sell..... Not sure if he will get procecuted or not, but I hope so.....
This is CABL.com posting #152066. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNIQ
Posted in reply to: Re: Raising the $$ of fuel that is already in the by PegasusComm
There are 0 replies to this message