Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:cable mapping questions from a beginner

ALWAYS...ALWAYS...ALWAYS...Get your original specs in writing!!!!. Yes there are always numerous changes, so get used to it, however any changes must be in writing!!! when your dealing with as many cooks as we are in this business no telling what kind of soup you are making until you get the recipe. and I agree with Engineer if there are changes and you need to go back you should get paid. You'll be surprised how many jobs you go back on just to get paid for the first time or keep your contract because you don't have documentation. also don't be surprised if different people in the same company can't agree....However if you are a good Mapper I think its the best part of the business. and adressess are extra. No reputable company will be afraid to give you a set of specs and documentation, unless of course they havn't been written yet

>Having only worked for one company, I lack a depth of perspective on the finer points of the proffession. My first question is on retrofitting specs. Until 8 am this morning the spec for MDU's with lock boxes was one way, and then it was changed this AM, along with a pile of maps that needed to be "fixed" (ie retofitted to the new spec.) is this normal? Secondly, when doing adress verification, do you charge at the same rate for mapping cable (ie, pacing out strand not on the map) as you do for normal normal strand? Please feel free to e-mail replies.
>
>D
>
This is CABL.com posting #15185. Tiny Link: cabl.co/md65
Posted in reply to: cable mapping questions from a beginner by Duncan
There are 0 replies to this message