Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Rumors

Midwest, Looks like you are taking some flack on this one. Well, I ready to agree with you and take some as well. I am a 20+ year vet also that has gotten paid for my work. I have only been screwed once and learned from it and I check out who I am working for and get things they tell me in a contract first.

One of the things that I have noticed over the past few years on the cable bar is that it has turned into the dish bar and most of the guys getting screwed and crying the loudest are dish installers.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against dish installers we all need to make money where we can. But is 2 different industries, and different work.

In most cases a dish installer is like a cable installer, a single guy in a truck or van with a few tools and a few weeks of install experience that may even be the best installer out there but at the end of the day you are one guy with one truck working for a company with no plant and only one customer that is effected by your install. So it is easier to get screwed.

You cannot compare it to a construction crew or splicing crew with 50 to 60 years of combined experience doing line work. It is a different industry.

It would help if you guys would tell us what kinda work you do and how much experience you have doing it when you are on here bashing companies. For example, In the last 22 years I have been doing line construction, splicing and headend work for 4 companies. I am a member of the scte and have 2 degrees and 20 certifications in my field. So guys may want to here what I have to say as opposed to,

Jo Blow who has been an installer for one year and has worked for 10 companies and has only been paid twice and has 10000.00 in back charges pending.

(moon)(wave)
This is CABL.com posting #151408. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNye
Posted in reply to: Rumors by midwest fiber guy
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Rumors cablwotalife 8/27/2005 1:52:00 PM
Re: Rumors sdelnay 8/25/2005 4:55:00 PM
Re: Rumors theloner1950 8/25/2005 3:48:00 PM