Create your free account now! Sign up

Mas-Tech

G’day Mates

Satellite Hunter here, With a tale to tell. There is a Company in FL called Mas-tech. I was recruited by Mark from a company called Fine Tune after answering his ad for techs in Tampa Fl. Now this is more my fault than anyone else’s because I didn’t check them out before going all the way to FL a 1000 mile trip one way. Mates I have never seen such a messed up HSP in my life. These silly buggers have there techs wearing Teflon shirts in Tampa Fl. When I asked why they didn’t have cotton shirts for their techs, I was told that this was mandated by the company. I don’t know whose bright idea this was, but it seems to me that their Managers have never had to work outside in the Tampa heat & humidly.

I guess my 2nd hint should have been when I got to their shop and saw half of their company’s fleet in the warehouse. When I asked why they were all in the warehouse, I was told by one of the company’s techs that these were trucks that were waiting to be filled, The previous tech was either fired or quit.

Last but not least….Close-Out, mates these folks really screw the pooch on this one. Mas-tech mandates that each job be closed out after it was done, what they don’t tell you is that there call center is totally screwed-up. Busy lines were the norm, no matter how many times I called the close-out folks the line was busy, and when I did finely get though, I waited over 30 to 45 mins on the cell phone to talk to one of their reps. If the order wasn’t perfect you would have to fix it and go though the whole process again, not to mention they would only close out two orders at a time, when I got to the 3rd order to close it out I was told by there rep that I would have to call back to close it. Just so you know if you didn’t close out the order that day, you wouldn’t get paid for it till the next pay period. The arrogance of Mas-techs managers was beyond belief, When I was asked why I was quitting, I explained all the problems that I had seen in those 3 short days. I was told by John I was the one with the problem, not wanting to wear there shirts, and the other problems were a normal problems with all HSP….Yeah Right!! Hold on to that party line mate. Got to tell you folks I would fire the whole lot of them in a New York Minute and start over with a good mob.

Now on to the bright side of the whole trip, on my way back I stop and bought a lottery ticket for $10.00 Scratch off and won 20,000.00 dollars. I am going to open my own HSP, lets see if we have the problems these duffers do. BTW I told them they could keep my paycheck….G. Just a word to the wise, always check out a HSP before you commit to working for them, so this does not happen to you

Until next time mates
Chase
Ye ole Satellite Hunter Himself
This is CABL.com posting #150910. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNqc
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Mas-Tech joeatstellar 8/13/2005 9:38:00 PM
Re: Mas-Tech fiber4176 8/13/2005 3:05:00 PM
Re: Mas-Tech techseven 8/13/2005 9:45:00 AM