Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Ftth Drops Aerial????

Ive been affiliated with ftth over the last 6 years, but primarly with telephone companies, not Catv companies. But I would think that the results should be basically the same.

The fiber drop to the house is split into 4 parts===

A) Install// The installer is responsible for placement of the fiber drop from Fiber Splice Point(tap) to the House Protecter(simaler to a mdu plastic house catv box). He shall clip all lines to protector and install hse vgr(vertical ground rod{6' 1/2"dia.}).
note///The pay scale is on a sub/contractor level///

per fiber footage(tail to tail)-- > 0.23cents per foot
jump poles------------------------> freebie
mid span attachments----------> 12.00 per unit
VGR at the house----------------> 8.00 per unit
//if core bored thru concrete//-> 12.00 per unit

B) Spicing-- This was done by another company in two parts//

Hard line and and at the house. As far as pay rate I have no clue to what they made. Sorry.

C) Rehab(retrofitting the house for new system)-- nightmare(rotflmao)after two days this was turned back over to the prime contractor. They ended up doing it it in conjunction with inhouse tele personell on a unit hour basis. As far as pay rate. I think the prime was getting around 50.00 per man unit hourly.

D) Cut-over--strickly inhouse.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this may give you a better view of the concept of ftth. It may be different since telephone and Catv do things sometime in much different ways.

(cool)(smokin)(beerchug)(usa)
just an old lineman//grew up with a sawdust pumper in between my belt. chased a 1 ton for years run a T40-C(PRO)//I actually know how to operate it. never could figure out that sawdust pumper//he//he
This is CABL.com posting #150783. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNn9
Posted in reply to: Ftth Drops Aerial???? by DONE RIGHT
There are 0 replies to this message