Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: digital camera's

IMHO: I’ve purchased many different types of digital cameras for staff and myself over the years. With different types of people using them to fulfill a common objective, I’ve widdled the criteria down to a few line items and observations.

First: You really don’t need the hyper techno gadgetry that’s out there today. Believe you me – all you really need by today’s standards is between 3-4 mega pixels. No more because you’ll pay a lot for unnecessary quality.

Second: You want a camera that is simple to use and has viewer software that is ubiquitous to a Window’s Environment unless of course you use Apple products. As an example, my personal camera is a Nikon Coolpic 4000 that comes with its own software. Well, I changed computers about a year ago and misplaced the original software that came with the camera. I went to Download.Com and had a problem locating the correct software. At this time I just said What the ……and connected the camera to the PC and my Windows XP picked right up on it and opened up a viewer for me to use. That saved a lot of time and headache.

Third: You need a camera that can handle the rough extremes of dropping it and getting it wet.

Fourth: One year I purchased six Sony Mavicas. These units came standard with a 1.44mg floppy disc drive to save and store all the pictures for work. The only real downside here was that you needed to have a PC that still has a 1.44” floppy drive. Typically, today’s cameras have either USB or FireWire connections to flash memory.

Lastly: I highly recommend that you wisely invest in NiCad or NiHDD rechargeable batteries. These give you the longest wear and tear on the powering. If you buy off the shelf standard batteries, the camera will eat up your power in no time and you’ll be tossing them right out! Spend the money right up front for a four or six battery charging unit and keep at least a spare set always available.

Just my opine. I could be wrong.
Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #150595. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNk7
Posted in reply to: digital camera's by lostlineman2
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: digital camera's mastertech 8/4/2005 4:31:00 PM