Create your free account now! Sign up

Comcast in the Tampa Bay arae?

Has anyone heard of Comcast coming to the Tampa Bay arae? Currently Brighthouse is the only MSO in the area, with Knology in the Pinellas region. I know of Comcast in Sarasota area, Miami in which they just bought out the Brighthouse system and will be buying out the Adelphia plant in Miami when it finally clears legalities, and they are also in Jacksonville.

The reason I ask is because I went to Busch Gardens a couple of weeks ago, and Comcast had a really rather large tent off to the right, with banners and tables and such. They were giving out hats and shirts and stuff, and with the big line, I bypassed them and was going to inquire on the way out. In the park, I saw a guy wearing a Comcast hat, and asked him, but he knew nothing stating that he just got the hat for filling out a questionairre. When I left around 4 pm, they had already packed up and left. Weird, right? Why would they be advertising in an area with no plant? I searched and searched with no answers to this. I even emailed and called Comcast and they would not resond, much less probably just as clueless as me.

I had also been seeing some double peds, "overbuilder work" in north tampa and pasco county where they only have Brighthouse. Now, the only ones that I have seen building up there has been Verizon and Brighthouse.

Now with the news of Brighthouse being bought out by Comcast in Miami, I am wondering if they had any plans coming in this area?
This is CABL.com posting #150532. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNj6
There are 0 replies to this message