Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: genral info on the industry

I have been in the business for 20+ years and as of the last 5 years it has gone done hill fast. Contractors tell you everything you want to hear just to get you to work for them but as soon as they need an escape goat they send ou on your way and keep your retainage, last months pay or both.
If you have a family to feed and can find something in your home town to do even if you have to hold down to jobs your better off. This business really s%*ks and is full of so many crucks its not even funny. I know I have wittnessed it first hand. Not that anybody has ripped me off be I have worked in upper management and watched it happen to other people.
By the time you buy all the insurance, tools, trucks and pay for your room and board, meals, fuel for the trucks($3.00+ a gallon) and add in staying away from your family if you have one you might as well be working at McDonalds or WalMart.
There are to many people workimg in this industry for pennies on the dollar from what it used to be and until these people wake up and stand up to the MSO's, that want you to do so many things now for less money, the prices will comtinue to drop. And I am not even going to get started on the design and engineering that changes on a daily basis in most systems or the make ready that fell thru the cracks and then they expect you to do it for free. If you have a choice stay away, far away.(wave)
This is CABL.com posting #150488. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNjo
Posted in reply to: genral info on the industry by ShoT OuT
There are 0 replies to this message