Create your free account now! Sign up

Finding Job Locations

How much time do you spend finding projects? I can't count the hours I've spent rifling through maps, going to Map-quest and then making copies for my crews just to get them out the door, it's an going pain in the ass, a line down at 2349 Johnson Ln, Chicago, ok,,, well I found a program the works very well, It's Delorme 2005 Street Atlas 2005, once you down load this program you get the whole package, you don't have to keep the disc, go to "Find" type in the address and hit search and there you go, you can even route the project from your shop, and then print. it tells you how to get there, how to get around the 1 ways, the mileage and even the time, it will estimate the fuel and so on, you can label the projects and then save all this information for future use, it's great for maintenance. I use it on a daily basis, as soon as I receive a project I get the BOM together, file it and then go into the program, find the project, print out a map and attach it to the project and put it on the wall, the crew can grab it no questions asked and go to work, it has been very helpful to me and I thought I'd pass the information on. And I'm not taking the credit, Jim Vial turned me on to this, thank you Jim. (usa)(2gun)
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #150013. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNbJ
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Finding Job Locations SCcabledude 7/29/2005 2:40:00 AM
Re: Finding Job Locations Su Su 7/20/2005 3:42:00 PM
Re: Finding Job Locations samtron2 7/20/2005 12:44:00 PM
Re: Finding Job Locations markwestpalm 7/20/2005 11:05:00 AM
Re: Finding Job Locations endsmeans 7/20/2005 9:40:00 AM