Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: metal poles

I would first check with the owner of these poles, If you havent already did so. They make brackets that do hold without having to drill the pole. A lot of times the utility company will have them in stock, But you have to pass this expense onto the company that you are contracting. The last ones I used ran around $125.00 a pop. That was 3/4 hardware. 5/8 will be less.

If you are in the situation that you have to get the job done and nobody seems to care about how you do it. You might consider renting a portable torch with 50' lead and purchasing an electrical bit designed for punching out electrical boxes( I dont know the correct name, it looks like a spinning top). The rest is simple blow the hole then ream it out with the spinning top to correct diamensions. This would be a last ditch situation to your problem. Hopefully you can recieve the proper equip. for the job at hand. But I also know how companies are when you ask for special equip. Anyways g/luck and be safe.

(cool)(smokin)(beerchug)(usa)

Ps if you use the bit method///keep it lubricated with 3M(or other suitible lubricating oil) Otherwise you will just burn the bit.
just an old lineman//grew up with a sawdust pumper in between my belt. chased a 1 ton for years run a T40-C(PRO)//I actually know how to operate it. never could figure out that sawdust pumper//he//he
This is CABL.com posting #149854. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mM9a
Posted in reply to: metal poles by kilroy21
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: metal poles buwheat 7/17/2005 8:11:00 PM