Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cost of pole mount

Hey Bullrider,

You have it right. Victor & Chopps seem to be reading something I didn't write........The pole was a treated 6 inch x 6 inch by 20 foot beam.
Yup it will twist. I showed them the pictures of steel towers and demonstrated from the roof of my truck where the dish would work.
As I dug the hole it began to fill with water so it wasn't as deep as I would have liked.

Remember, this deal was rare but while I was working the customer was sending back DISH equipment that had been installed last winter on the roof above the second floor. The trees leafed out and adios DISH. They wanted Para Todos for the football (socker).

When the pole tourques I will go repoint it and warned them this winter if the ground freezes enough the pole could heave. These guys may well find a steel tower or I beam and rig it themselves but for now they have socker.

This was a soon & cheap or do it right. It really pissed me off that DTV jumped into the deal with the A/O and IRD after I had quoted on the same project--IRD, 5x 8 multi switch, A/O wire & labor. Who was skinning the pig anyway?

Joe(wink)
This is CABL.com posting #149678. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mM6k
Posted in reply to: Re: Cost of pole mount by bullridinfun
There are 0 replies to this message