Create your free account now! Sign up

Best Practice #79

I'll be posting these for discussion. I'm interested in your thoughts.

Best Practice: Pay the technician for the actual work performed on a completed job.

Elaboration: The technician should be paid for work that is actually performed on a completed job. The technician should not be paid for items that are optional or may not be performed.

If the MSO wants the technician to perform a specific task, they should pay for it. Otherwise, its highly likely the task won't be completed.

Some systems have composite pricing and bundle optional additional items in a line item. When it is left to the individual technician, these optional additional items are not completed. Why should they? They are getting paid the same amount whether or not the additional items are completed. The MSO should provide an incentive (payment) for the technician to perform the task.

Example: If you want the technician to install an additional outlet for a customer, pay him for it. Otherwise, the technician will (and should) avoid installing the outlet since they are getting paid the same either way.

This is CABL.com posting #149650. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mM5S
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Best Practice #79 Splicer Life 4me 7/12/2005 1:54:00 PM
Re: Best Practice #79 rfmaster 7/12/2005 1:04:00 PM