Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Gfc Filed Chapter 7

Member Uploaded Image

Super Dave: How’s this one?

One the GFC front -

In conversation with some friends over the last few days about the GFC phenomenon, one common denominator in all of this is that the work still has to be completed. There are other contract vendors out there performing for Comcast, Time Warner, and the like that have huge voids to fill with GFC closing their doors. I’m hearing about Houston, Chicago, and the Boston markets for certain. Installation backlogs are rising, construction time-tables are not being met, and the customers are feeling the impact. The MSO’s are looking to fill in the void immediately.

My recommendation is for folks that have been working for GFC in these (Plus other) markets to get hold of any of these other contractors and make the introduction and get on board PDQ. The customers (Comcast, TWC, Charter et al) have been going to the remaining contractors and have requested them to fill-in where GFC once stood. Fulfillment and Network Development crews are in critical need. If you can agree to the financial components and processes and work for what the Primes are paying, then “Have at it” and get to work.

Be very cautious if you have materials once provisioned to you by GFC or their client customers. These materials are now owned by the US Federal Courts! My advice is to audit/inventory them and put them away until contacted. Keep your paperwork accurate and available. Any flagrant disregard of these materials could prompt immediate and severe consequences to the one issued such materials. Trucks, tools, and work equipment may have been provided to you by the Prime. In addition, CPE (Customer Premise Equipment) which is owned by their customers could be in your possession. Wait for instructions on how to proceed if you currently do not know how to move forward with this. It’s very tricky to say at the very least, and you don’t/can’t afford to get corralled in by the Federal Authorities on such matters.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong….<DM)
Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #149428. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mM2i
Posted in reply to: Re: Gfc Filed Chapter 7 by SUP3RDAV3
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Gfc Filed Chapter 7 sprdave 7/11/2005 4:20:00 PM