Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Gfc Filed Chapter 7

I think what people need to understand is that GFC "corporate" has been pretty much powerless the past 3 weeks, as the lawyers and execs from their parent company where deciding what to do with the mess that the former GFC CEO had left the company in. Ironically enough, had their parent co looked into some of these things earlier the vast majority of this mess wouldve been avoided.

The decision making and the execution of this entire process has been an absolute farce and handled terribly. Most corporate employees would be told one thing and 10 minutes later, the higher ups would be doing something different. Most corp employees were screwed out of their last 2 weeks pay plus vacation when the sneaky SOB's from the parent decided to file a Chapter 7 (liquidation) hours after they notified the employees they filed a Chapter 11 (reorg). Corp was focusing on taking care of the guys in the field, when the vast majority was told to get the hell out at about 1 PM on Thursday. The rest of the employees who were told to stay on to finish closing out the centers (i.e. pay the techs their final checks) came in Friday morning to find out the company was non-existent, and when asked about final checks they were told "oh well, get in line with the other unsecured creditors". Ironically, none of the execs or lawyers from the parent company showed up for that.
I feel for everyone that got a raw deal on this whole thing and are paying for the mistakes that millionaires and billionaires made. A lot of good people, both in the field and at corp, lost their jobs because of poor decision making on the part of senior management. I hope everyone gets back on their feet quickly, and will be better for having left gfc.
This is CABL.com posting #149408. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mM1Y
Posted in reply to: Re: Gfc Filed Chapter 7 by bushmaster
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Gfc Filed Chapter 7 oppie1 7/9/2005 7:16:00 AM