Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: GFC Implodes

The shame of it all is there was only one cable guy in corporate. They ran all the other ones off and it shows that money/finance companies can't just come in and think they can run any business. The companies they bought were good with their MSO's and that was what GFC bought. It is now apparent that they ruined their relationships and shot themselves in the foot. Comcast and Cablevision also did an injustice to this industry years ago and GFC timing and corporate connections were not enough to get the proper rates that are needed to get the quality of help that customers demand at the higher rates they are paying. Verizon will help to raise the rates because they will give better install service to customers. Most of the cable companies have burned their customers over the last few years because they did not give the customers the service they need. They allowed the pricing to go so low that they limited the customer satisfaction quality. I left this industry over a year ago and could not be happier having found a niche that allowed me to have a feeling of satisfaction at the end of the day. Respect in your work comes from fair wages and giving customers a job well done. I like being able to fix problems that 5-10 former technicians could not fix. I like doing work that other technicians could not do. I like being proud of my work and being able to work 5-6 days a week and not being stressed about retainage, amount of work, and if my check will be there and get cashed. Best of luck to everyone out there. God bless your efforts, your jobs, and your families. I hope you all find the happiness and satisfaction that I have. Don't ever settle for second best!!!(snipper)(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #149157. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMXV
Posted in reply to: GFC Implodes by Lonestar Cowboy
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: GFC Implodes spikeinc 7/8/2005 12:07:00 PM
Re: GFC Implodes slimhefty 7/3/2005 7:22:00 PM
Re: GFC Implodes cablejoe2002 7/3/2005 5:00:00 PM