Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: GFC Implodes

Oh Boy. THIS is gonna get me slaughtered on here. LOL

SCCabledude - That is exactly what the guy was told, BUT with the Colorado comp laws, why give a lawyer money for something the guy can do himself? When "downsizing", non-productive personnel are usually the first excuse...uh...reason they use to lay people off...

Cablejoe2002 & Emerger - Do I detect a little animosity there? Yes I did here the stories about Compath, as a matter of fact they kept me in extra cash by running in behind them to fix their computer issues when it came to tech's screwing up HSD job's.

Dave is still out there kicking, and in his defense...(oowww, this is gonna hurt...) It wasn't his fault. It wasn't his decision. As a matter of fact he handled it with dignity and some extreme professionalism. (Maybe because of the experience?) Either way, I know it wasn't him.

Dave and myself didn't start out on the same way of thinking when he came over to GFC, but after awhile we learned to tolerate each other. BUT that is on a personal level. I don't know what happen with Compath, and I don't look back, but I can tell you without a doubt, this was not him.

GFC restructured after Murrat left, and maybe the others who took his place needed to realize it wasn't the people behind desk who were creating all the "non-essential" conference calls, as well as all the other unneeded waste of time we all endured, it was the men in the field, dealing with bad/incompetent dispatchers, rule/policy changes faster than we change shirts, etc. we all know the story.

It is over, simple as that. GFC is the last of the BIG 5 national vendors. Maybe, the best thing to look for in all this is HOPEFULLY, the local contract companies here in Denver, digicom, Telecrafter, ICS, and whatever other one out there...will show the BIG MSO that putting all the eggs in one basket is a BAD idea, and hopefully the prices will go back up to a decent livable pay scale.

Although, I must say, Comcast here, does have some extremely GREAT people inside to work for and with. You may not always like the answer you get BUT you will get an answer.

I try to find a positive aspect in everything, and even though this has really soured me on big companies and the need to get out, I still truly hope things turn around.

John
This is CABL.com posting #149141. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMXF
Posted in reply to: Re: GFC Implodes by Emerger
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: GFC Implodes DaveRags 7/3/2005 11:25:00 AM