Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Chicago VOIP

When they change the specs again dont come to Detroit.  We cant even open the actives to pull a pad.  The latest dumb@@$ idea is to check each drop at 17 value and below taps, submit your shot taken at the headend between 7:00 and 10:00 PM , submit to Comcast the folllowing day so they can do a 15 minute peak hold (referenced average) the following night via Pathtrack, and then if all is good a maint. tech will do a 10 minute peakhold at an unspecified time the following day (this test is so top secret its details are entrusted only to the local maint. techs).  Then by the grace of god if you pass you can bill it.  Oh did I mention you have to  guarantee your work for 2 weeks, and we are going into the customers homes to make repairs, and if they're not home only then do we filter (max 25 per node), door tag and return at THEIR convenience!  I personally have been working in 2 way systems and doing noise suppression since 1982 and Ive never seen anything like this.  All this and I have'nt even adressed the ctb problems (as high as -15) and cant because I cant open the actives.

The MSO's  have so much power over us, that they can create any unreasonable spec they want and change it whenever they want and some dummy like me will show up and give it the old college try.  To make matters worse we'll even call up our buddys to come and suffer with us.  Additionally, no matter how many next to impossible jobs you've been able to pull out of the gutter, when you bail on a job like this one your reputation takes a severe blow.

What would it take for this job or any supression job to work?  The system engineer to spend a few days of his valuable time with me or any expereinced suppression contractor, then a day back in his office writing a spec that makes sense.  Too late, I just got home to Daytona , goin fishin in the morning, and I guess Ill get my  T40 ready in case we get a hurricane.  Dont need an analyzer  for that. Do I?

This is CABL.com posting #148162. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMHS
Posted in reply to: Chicago VOIP by Bearwolf
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Chicago VOIP Interstate 6/15/2005 9:07:00 PM
Re: Chicago VOIP-detroit ??/? catvtechdawg 6/15/2005 8:37:00 PM
Re: Chicago VOIP Lightmaster 6/15/2005 7:31:00 PM