Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Michael Jackson Walked On All 10 Counts----->

I understand your contempt and disdain for this type of individual. I have a relative of mine that prior to becoming a homicide detective, spent years in the sex crimes division.

This MJ case was high profile. You should hear some of the stories my relative told me regarding pedophilia. There are thousands and thousands of cases just like the one on TV. That is just in his County. If the police dont scare the hell out of children and parents by confusing them with their search for truths, then it happens when the police tell them what a defense lawyer will put them through. If a victim survives the fear factor test, the DA may or may not decide to proceed with prosecution based on evidence and credibility of the victim. About 1 to 2 percent ever go to trial. Then when they do go to trial--- you wind up with 12 people that were craftily selected by 2 lawyers, hoping to at least get 6 on their side that will convince the other 6 they are right.
Typically you get 12 non-working individuals whom are anxious to get back home and catch Jerry Springer. While they are on that jury, they often reflect on past episodes of the Springer show ( or shows of that nature), look at the victim and think--- " this person doesnt have it all that bad."

These are remarks from my relative--- a former Sex Crimes Detective. Welcome to America.

I like Daves idea--- at least we still have the right to keep and bear arms! At least the gray area would be removed for that type of trial.
This is CABL.com posting #148157. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMHN
Posted in reply to: Re: Michael Jackson Walked On All 10 Counts-----> by sprdave
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Michael Jackson Walked On All 10 Counts-----> johngault 6/16/2005 12:33:00 AM
You Guys Have to Watch This NescoSaleRental 6/15/2005 5:00:00 PM