Create your free account now! Sign up

Harrold Bigham

This was taken out of the Gulf Breeze, FL newspaper. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Bigham Family. Man I cannot believe this. If I would have found out a few days earlier I would have traveled down there for the visitation.

HAROLD BIGHAM

1933 – 2005

June 11, 2005

Mr. Harold Dean Bigham, of Gulf Breeze, FL, died at age 72 on June 9th, 2005, from complications of heart disease.

Harold was married to Margaret "Margo" Smock Bigham, and had five children and eleven grandchildren.

Mr. Bigham was born and raised in Pinckneyville, Illinois, where his family owned and operated a Jersey Dairy Farm. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, where he served as a Military Policeman, and was stationed in post-WWII Germany. After his honorable discharge, he continued in dairy operations.

In 1968, Mr. Bigham began his career in the cable TV industry and built some of the initial cable TV systems in the United States. In 1977, Harold founded Bigham Cable Construction. He continued into cable TV rebuilds and was a pioneer in fiber optic construction.

In the 1990s, his company adapted to newer technologies and provided upgraded cable TV systems with two-way cable modem capabilities. His firm brought cable viewing into hundreds of thousands of homes throughout the U.S., and built and upgraded tens of thousands of miles of cable TV systems. He traveled throughout the U.S., but called Gulf Breeze (Pensacola Beach) the home office of his organization.

He was a member of the American Legion, Elks Club, Society of Cable TV Engineers, and the Waterfront Improvement Society. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, and family gatherings. He will be missed by his family, friends, and acquaintances.

Visitation will be held Sunday, June 12th, 2005 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Rose Lawn Funeral Home in Gulf Breeze.

Funeral Service will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 13th, 2005, with Rev. Mac Fulcher officiating.

Burial will follow at Rose Lawn Cemetery.
This is CABL.com posting #148030. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMFK
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Harrold Bigham A.C.E.,Inc. 7/1/2005 9:39:00 AM
Re: Harrold Bigham howellcable 6/18/2005 12:15:00 PM