Create your free account now! Sign up

Mastec, Unions, DTV; BARRF.........

Jeeze, someone must have slipped me a zanax or something, but what I have to say seems to make sense. I just figured it out.

How many of us keep screaming over price change, Provider Villians, bad companies and the like? Too long has this collection of 'cabl-bar' addicts that want to collectively bitch and moan about failures that were brought TO us...?
Myself included, we do voice the opportunity of change that will some day free us to what used to be. Small Glimmer.
"Opportunity Taken" is the absense of all appendix otherwise towards the 'Oppertunist; company owner-contractor etc'.

'We' are those people. What I am trying to say is that "it" has come and gone, splicing, climbing, wiring and pointing dishes.

I bet that most of us here are business owners not unlike myself-running our self employment for many years to do the best.

We all hope that things will change for the 'used to be';.

Sh*t, the man upstairs (not GOD) is COUNTING on Unions that pay as much as a Pizza server to employees, and rates calibrated on the availability of people that will hang on waiting to work, and screwing the Hell out of contractors. Easy this way.

So, as I was saying, -I woke up. I have worked everything from High Volt Bucket operations, Telco, Cable, Satellite, Bringing together staff to do everything from working 17 Cities to rescue operations is FLA for some crap mascot puppet for DTV.

The only way to scew the companies noodle is to gather, not think of only ourselves, but $ and need.
Myself, with all of the skills learned through the years, I am more than prepared to start something new. Any company could hire us with what we could do/have learned otherwise, that only hard part is letting go of the TEET and jump a sinking ship.
Our history is what brought us all the way until NOW. Not Vice Versa-. I have applied at a 9 to 5 company that reckognizes my skills. The little time off I plan on learning how to make bamboo flyrods. Commercial on the side I will never pass up. But F**k it, I only have the rest of my time to live-dont wanna do it with my left knut and sanity on the line.

When THIS happens and pack bags to this(these) industry, the very People that WE trained will be looking into the deep fog to hire us the next time a huge storm hits whatever America. Can't wait for that one. It's all one big tennis match for a while now.
All I have to say is to not be a puppet and not to bend with the benders.
Thanks for my soapbox time.
NS

This is CABL.com posting #147920. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMDY
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Mastec, Unions, DTV; BARRF......... DOGLEG3283 6/12/2005 7:55:00 AM