Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: WildBlue is Ready are You?

The last 2 direcway jobs I did burnt me out and I haven't went back since. The first one was a 6 hour job that ended up being a 4 hour cpu conflict. The customer would not sign the work order even though I had it sighted in and ready for her to call support to get it going. So I reluctantly called and with her permission started making the nessasary changes to her programs. The customer stood over my shoulder while I was on the phone with customer support, I made 2 out of 5 changes and the customer starts flying off the handle about not changing this and that. At that point I handed her the phone and politelty said excuse me and left the premisses while she was on the phone screaming "he's leaving, he's leaving"! I gave up the $175 on that one.
There seems to be too many instances where the tech can get screwed with these systems. Customers touchy about their pc's and the unknown variables that get solved in the learning curve. I personally got out while the gettin was good. But with the current state of DirecTV, I may try it out again.

The definition of insanity is to do something the same way and expect a different result, or is it stupidity?
This is CABL.com posting #147916. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMDU
Posted in reply to: Re: WildBlue is Ready are You? by netprotv
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: WildBlue is Ready are You? redrocker80 6/18/2005 10:17:00 AM